Playgroup in Beachmere
Held at the Birali Steiner School
T: 07 5429 0511
A Steiner playgroup is a special place where our Playgroup Leader, Lily Love, guides the morning through free-play, songs, bread baking and a shared morning tea.
Our playgroup program offers a nurturing structure introducing children gently to being with others in groups while fostering a homelike atmosphere.
Careful consideration is given to the playgroup environment to protect a child's developing senses, with the choice of soothing colours, natural textures and hands on activities such as bread kneading and baking.
Our mornings begin with the children given the time and space to engage in unstructured, self-directed play with natural materials, while parents busy their own hands with simple crafts.
Children, with their parents close, are then lead through a holistically nourishing program of bread baking, fruit break, storytelling and sweet songs.
This rhythm is repeated each morning encouraging a sense of security for the children. There is also a seasonal celebration at the end of each term.
The aim of our playgroup is to create a space of warmth and goodness for young children, also a welcoming space for parents and caregivers to come together and connect as they form friendships in the local community.
Things you can expect:
- A gentle introduction to a Steiner pre-schooling program
- A loving, safe and inclusive environment
- A rhythmic plan for the day that supports healthy child development
- Open ended natural materials and simple toys that foster imaginative and imitative play
- Enriched sensory experiences for children
- Watching your children bonding with new friends
- Connecting with local like-minded families
- Holistic parenting support and inspiration
- Local, organic produce for a healthy morning tea
- A little bit of fairy magic …